Northwestern partners with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide convenient, online transcript ordering for our students and alumni.
Request Your Northwestern Transcript
- You can expect your transcript order to be processed within one to three business days.
- Paper transcripts are produced and mailed by Registrar's Office staff. Be sure to take mailing time into account if you are ordering a transcript in advance of a deadline.
- Electronic transcript orders are automatically processed each day at 10 a.m. CST. If you place an order after 10 a.m., your transcript will be sent the following day.
- You will need to use a major credit card when placing your order online. The cost for a paper transcript is $6.50, and the cost for an electronic transcript is $4.50.
- Most students will be able to order either a secure electronic transcript or a paper transcript. An electronic transcript is considered official only for the initial recipient. It is your responsibility to ensure you select a delivery method that is accepted by your recipient.
- We are not able to hold a transcript request for the posting of final grades or degree date. Please wait to place your request until you see that your grades or degree is posted.
- If your name has changed since your Northwestern attendance and it is important to you that your current name is reflected on your transcript, it is your responsibility to contact the Registrar's Office to double-check or correct your name in our records prior to placing your transcript order.
Other Transcript Requests
Student transcripts from previously attended institutions that were provided to Northwestern become the property of Northwestern. Northwestern does not provide copies of transcripts from other institutions that are part of a Northwestern student’s education record. In order to obtain accurate, up-to-date information and ensure that no protocol of the issuing institution is circumvented, a student must contact the originating institution for a copy of that institution’s transcript.
Maranatha College (Brooklyn Park, MN) Alumni Only
On June 1, 2010 University of Northwestern – St. Paul accepted responsibility for custody of the academics records of students enrolled at Maranatha College, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, which closed in 2010.
To request a paper transcript of your Maranatha College academic work, please mail your signed request with contact information, recipient information, and a $3.00 check per transcript, payable to University of Northwestern – St. Paul, to:
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
3003 Snelling Ave North
St. Paul, MN 55113